Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shut the Front Door!

Another project motivated by Mom when she was visiting - painting the front and side doors!  I went with black, although I was thinking about doing mustard yellow. I figured in the end that a glossy black would look perfect with the new mailbox and house numbers (as well as the old porch light fixture and the plant pots I have out there).  I love it.  It took 4 coats of paint and lots of touching up to get it to this point!  (after picture was taken while the paint was still drying hence the green tape on the door handles). 

Colour used:  CIL exterior paint - Dark Secret.

Before - bright white door!


During - yikes, I was a bit afraid...


After - looks great! 


Can't wait to hang some kind of festive wreath on this door.  Totally wanted to do that crayon wreath that I saw on Pinterest, however with the black door and the direct sunlight all day, I'd have melted crayon all over my front door...

No comments: